Retired and love spending lots and lots of time with my youngest grandchildren: Austin, Nathan and Natalee.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Welcome 2011 - January
New Year's resolutions: Lose weight, lose weight, lose weight. That has been my first resolution for the past 25 years. Old ones were to quit smoking which I did in 1992, quit drinking alcoholic beverages which I did in 1991, retire from working which I did in 2008 so why is this lose weight so darn hard. Oh don't get me wrong I can lose but if I lose 10 lbs I gain 15-20 back so that isn't working. Well, I am healthier for not drinking or smoking and by retiring I have gotten to spend so much time with my grandkids. For every day I spend with them, I truely realize how much I missed with my girls as a working mom. No need to spend time regretting that as it can't be changed. Funny how each of my grandchildren are different and yet each have a way of reminding me little things their mom or their aunts did at their age. I feel truly blessed to have them in my life. Am adjusting to Sacramento more as each day goes by. I am still fascinated by the greenery here as well as the amount of water in the rivers. LOL (Only my Arizona and Nevada friends will get that one).