Saturday, September 5, 2009

August 2009

a>
Pics: 1 -Austins Coach Pitch Team;2 - Drea/Raquel/Natalee; 3 - Nathan holding his sister.

Well, that month flew by with a new granddaughter, Drea's visit and helping Raquel as much as I could with the baby, the boys and her business. It was a fun month and being around on a daily basis to see Natalee growing and how cute the boys are with her and how she is fitting into the Quaid family. This was my first opportunity to experience this as I have always worked and of course that came first as it was the way to put a roof over our heads and food on the table. So, imagine being able to drop in to visit, take the boys to the library anytime I wanted to. I feel very blessed to have had this experience. And, the grandmother's part is really emphasized here. Watching Natalee and Raquel bond has been an experience like no other. When you are around them you see the love passing between them. It is just awesome. Nathan has a lot of feelings and compassion and is really cute around her. Austin holds back his opinion of a newcomber into the family just like he did when Nathan was a baby. For that kid it is a case of when you can walk, talk and contribute then it will be okay...He is so funny. Well as for the rest of the time during the month, I have enjoyed the pool, my card games and friends here and have had one of the best months of my life.