Retired and love spending lots and lots of time with my youngest grandchildren: Austin, Nathan and Natalee.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
July 2010 - The Big move month AGAIN!!!
Hi there from California. When I retired 2 years ago, I never dreamed after moving to Nevada that I would be moving again (other than the final resting place). Well, as most of my stuff was in storage it was a lot easier to get into the truck. I drove to Santa Barbara, CA for the first night and it was so beautiful. Then the next day, I went up the coast on Highway 1 to Monterey, CA. That beach was just as beautiful as well as the drive by the ocean. Then, I had to get to the business of checking out the apartment, signing the lease so off I went to Citrus Heights, CA - about 20 mins from Sacramento. Then I was back on vacation again and went to San Rafael, where my other daughter lives and spent a couple of days with her. That was really great. Then started the unpacking, unloading, etc etc. Thank Goodness I have a great son-in-law. My apartment backs up to a huge park and a country club with golf course across the street so it is very beautiful as well as quiet. I didn't realize how barren the desert (that I dearly love) is until I got here with all the tall green trees, flowers blooming, and water in the rivers and streams. And, Natalee turned one year old which was also exciting. I will attach some pics when I find the cord to connect to my camera. Meanwhile am trying to get settled in.